Free delivery on all UK orders £20 + & low cost international shipping rates
The best-selling Woof Wear Medical Hoof Boot is a unique, close fitting hoof boot designed to keep wounds, poultices and dressings clean. This horse poultice boot is suitable for use in the stable and can be used on sensible horses during turnout onto a dry paddock. The boot is designed using flexible and light materials to enable easy fitting and is a cost-effective and time-saving alternative to adhesive bandage and tape.
Featuring a grooved sole for extra grip and a Kevlar® interior for durability, the Woof Wear Medical Hoof Boot also has an asymmetric zip to give the boot a really close fit (and prevent it opening), stopping bedding and other debris from getting inside. It can assist in a number of ailments to the foot such as abscesses, punctured sole or bruised sole. This hoof boot is suitable for use with or without a shoe.
The Woof Wear Medical Hoof Boot is available in 10 different sizes based on shoe size - please see the size guide to ensure the best possible fit.
We expect the boot to last 2-3 weeks under normal circumstances with many customers finding they last much longer. The boot is not indestructible and so is not guaranteed against breakage, due to the horse standing on the boot.
This hoof boot is NOT suitable for riding.
• Close fitting medical hoof boot
• Keeps wounds, poultices and dressings clean
• Reduces the amount of bandage needed
• Can be used for stable or turnout
• Durable - suitable for repeated use
• Grooved sole for improved grip
• Kevlar® interior for durability
• Asymmetric zip to prevent the zip opening
• Machine washable
• Not suitable for riding
• Not to be used instead of an overreach boot
Washing Instructions: Close all straps prior to washing Machine wash max 30°C, gentle spin Do not tumble dry or leave boots in strong sunlight
Do not use the Medical Hoof Boot (MHB) in place of an overreach boot to prevent shoe loss. The MHB is not designed for this application and will not protect against overreaching. We recommend always using a generous sized overreach boot over the top of MHB to protect it should your horse stand on himself or overreach. We recommend this on both front and hind hooves
2. Measure, Measure, Measure…
The MHB is designed to be a snug fit so it doesn’t fall off. If you do not measure accurately or buy a size too big it can result in damage to the MHB due to the boot being trodden on by the other foot.
i) Measure width carefully before bandaging, with or without shoe
ii) Choose size per guide (don’t go to next size up)
iii) No need to add extra for dressings Fitting The Woof Wear Medical Hoof boot has been designed to fit closely around the hoof and be a stretch fit around the pastern. If this is achieved, the boot will not fall off and is less likely to be trodden on with the other foot.
Use the size guide (click 'Sizing' on the tabs above) to ensure you have the closest fit for your horse or pony.
Note - If your horse has specialist or remedial shoes, or large shoes such as Eggbars or Heartbars, you may need to go up a size to accommodate these. We recommend working with your farrier to ensure you get the most applicable size for your horse. If it is your intention to use on both front, or hind feet, and your horse is particularly ‘active’ or a bit close in his action, the risk of standing on the boot with the opposite foot is higher due to the decreased distance between the two feet. In this case you can use an overreach boot over the top of the Medical Hoof Boot to protect it.
1. If your horse requires a poultice, put it on the affected area in the normal way and secure it in place with some adhesive bandage. You will not need to use additional materials to keep it in the place as the hoof boot will do this.
2. Undo the zip fully and open the boot up as much as possible.
3. Lift up the horse’s foot and pull the boot up and over the front of the hoof. Use the ‘V’ shaped indent (in the moulded part of the boot at the front) as a guide to where the middle of the boot is.
4. Once you have pulled the boot onto the foot, let the horse put his foot down as this will help push the foot further into the boot.
5. Ensure the boot is fitted centrally on the foot – you may find it easier to pick the foot back up and check that the moulded sole is straight and not crooked. If it appears crooked undo the zip, pick up the foot and gently swivel the boot around the foot until you are satisfied it is straight. The ‘V’ indent will help guide you with this.
6. Check that the edge of the foot reaches the side of the boot and the bulbs of the heels are also encased within the moulded area, and not overhanging it.
7. When happy with the fit, pull the zip up ensuring it is covered by the neoprene zip cover
8. The stretch neoprene upper should fit snugly around the pastern area to ensure no bedding or mud etc can get inside the boot. If the upper is too tight, it is unlikely you will be able to do the zip up fully and this will be an indication that you have the incorrect size.
9. If turning the horse out, ensure he is happy with the feel of the boot first. In the unlikely event the horse is nervous of the boot, walk him gently around his stable so that he can get used to it. They will soon realise it is comfortable and will not impede movement.
Each product displays a despatch timeframe message for your information once you have selected your size and colour requirements ‘Your item is expected to leave us in…’. This is the estimated time it takes for your item to come in from our warehouses to be prepared for despatch; if purchasing multiple items, please use the longest time stated when calculating when your parcel will arrive. Orders will not be partially shipped unless specifically requested.
Once despatched, goods will be received inline with your courier selection:
If you are happy to wait for you order, our economy Royal Mail/Parcelforce service Tracked 48 usually takes 2-3 working days to arrive; you will be notified by Royal Mail/Parcelforce of the day your parcel is due for delivery and a four hour window for delivery will usually be provided by SMS or email. This service is free for orders over £20; there is a £4.99 charge if you do not meet this order value.
If you need an order promptly we advise you use our DPD 24 service which provides a one hour delivery timeslot, regular SMS & email updates as well as redelivery options should you miss the delivery/are unable to be in at the time stated. This service is chargeable at £5.99 for orders under £250 and is free thereafter.
If you require your order urgently, please call our team on 01785-472221 prior to placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate.
For more details about our delivery options including European and International deliveries, please visit our delivery information page.
Christmas refunds & exchanges.
We have extended our returns period to give you peace of mind whilst Christmas shopping; returns will be accepted up to 31/01/2021 for all orders placed after 5th November 2020. Happy shopping!
Items returned within 30 days of their receipt date are eligible for a full refund or store credit providing they are returned in new, resaleable condition in their original packaging. Please do not use packaging tape directly on product packaging.
Refunds will be credited back to the original form of payment used for your purchase.
We offer a low cost returns service which covers the cost of returning your item and receiving your replacement order, further details can be found on our returns and exchanges page.
Give us a shout if you have any other questions or need any help with your order.