Free delivery on all UK orders £20 + & low cost international shipping rates
NAF Limestone Flour offers a rich source of calcium designed to supplement bone growth requirements. Limestone Flour should be fed when there is a need for additional calcium in the diet to supplement bone growth requirements. Calcium is essential to all animals for bone and tissue growth and integrity. Calcium salts make up approximately 70%of the weight of the bone, and it is this that gives bone it's rigidity. Calcium also has a number of other important roles to play throughout the body. It helps in muscle contractions, particularly of the heart, and it has a role in the nerve impulse transmission in the central nervous system. Perhaps calcium's best known role is in milk production and it is vital that lactating mares have an adequate supply.
Limestone Flour is recommended as a source of calcium for those on a straight or cereal based diet, particularly if bran is included, to balance the calcium to phosphorous ratio. A lack of calcium in the horse is seen as epiphysitis and weakness. Limestone Flour contains only ground limestone and is, essentially, pure calcium.
However limestone flour is not recommended for youngstock, as excess calcium can lead to developmental abnormalities such as Osteochondrosis desicans (OCD).
Available in 3kg and 15kg
Online for Equine - NAF Five Star Reward Loyalty Scheme
We have teamed up with NAF to bring you their incredibly popular loyalty scheme through our website. This scheme allows you to collect a gold star for every NAF purchase made over the value of £25. Once you have earnt five stars and have a complete loyalty card, you will receive an electronic £10 voucher to purchase NAF products through www.onlineforequine.co.uk. Visit our range of NAF products.
Terms and Conditions
1) The scheme starts on 25/09/19 and stars cannot be backdated for purchases made before this date.
2) For every transaction containing £25 worth of NAF product you will receive one gold star. This is cumulative e.g. if you spend £50 on NAF products in one transaction, you will receive two gold stars.
3) Online for Equine store these gold stars for you and once you have received five stars, we will send off your completed card to NAF; this happens on the last working day of the calendar month. You will not receive a physical card.
4) You will receive a £10 NAF Five Star Reward voucher; this voucher is electronic and can only be used on the website www.onlineforequine.co.uk toward NAF products. The voucher can only be used by the email address you have registered with us and will not be transferred under any circumstances. This voucher has a lifespan of three months; after this time the voucher will expire and cannot be reactivated.
5) This offer is exclusively for UK residents who are over the age of 18; employees, agents or families associated to Online for Equine Limited and NAF are prohibited from participation.
6) There is no limit to the number of vouchers you can receive through this scheme.
7) The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this promotion or amend it at any time but will use all reasonable efforts to minimise the effect to the participant to avoid consumer disappointment.
8) NAF vouchers have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash / store credit.
9) By agreeing to participate in this scheme, you agree to adhere to the stipulated terms and conditions.